Ah! So, those experiences or achievements that you want to do before leaving this Earth of ours … what are they exactly? Over the years, I have come up with a list of 10 things I hope to accomplish during my lifetime.
The below items on my Bucket List are in no particular order.
“The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
- Visit The Maury Show – Okay, so don’t judge me. I know to some the Maury Show is probably trivial mixed in with a little bit of crazy, but nothing gets me more excited than to hear, “You are not the father!” or “The lie detector has determined that was a lie.” Lol Besides, The Maury Show tends to make me appreciate my life and its situations a little bit more.
2. Visit Exuma Island in the Bahamas – I am really trying to swim with the pigs at Pig each on the Exuma Island! The island takes its unofficial name from the fact that it is populated by a colony of feral pigs that live on the island and in the surrounding shallows.
3. Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World in Pennsylvania – Seriously, do I need to explain this one? It’s food and it’s chocolate. The End.
4. Skydiving – Skydiving can be done anywhere for me. I do not have to go out-of-state or the country to skydive. However, I do have to muster up the courage to actually go and do this. I tell people all the time that I would rather skydive than bungee jump any day! There is something about the freedom the open sky gives you .
5. Deep Sea Fishing – Not regular fishing, but deep-sea fishing. It has never appealed to me to stand on the side of some rocks and plunge a fishing rod in the waters. I would rather go out in the middle of the calm ocean and catch fish that way. This is something I can actually do anytime, but would rather wait to get a few friends together to split a charter boat with.
6. Zip lining in Hawaii – I have always wanted to visit Hawaii’s white sandy beaches, but zip lining in Hawaii would make the trip even better. I have read articles where people have said a numerous amount of times that their favorite place to zip line was in Hawaii.
7. Visit “Love Lock Bridge” in Paris – Since late 2008, tourists have started attaching padlocks “love locks” with their names written or engraved on them to the railing on the side of the bridge, then throwing the key into the Seine river. This is supposed to be a romantic gesture to represent a couple’s committed love. Sounds like something out of a romance novel doesn’t it?
8. Visit the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt -These pyramids are the last surviving of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and are considered one of the world’s most recognizable landmarks. They Pyramids of Giza were built as tombs for the Pharaohs and were guarded by the enigmatic Sphinx.
9. Visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C. – I enjoy learning about African American History. The concept of this national museum can be traced back to the 20th century, but was not established until December 2003, which then finally opened in September of 2016.
10. Live the “big screen” life – Okay, not really. However, I have always wanted to be an extra in the movie. You never know, I could be the next Taraji P. Henson or Kerry Washington.
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide