For those that don’t know, a Brazilian Wax is the process of having all hair removed from your private parts, which can also include removing the hair between the butt cheeks. This process has increasingly become a norm for both women and men during the summer months.
Reasons for a Brazilian Wax:
- Hygiene – Some women prefer to get waxed down there because it has been mentioned that removing the hair helps them to become odorless. Because, as we know hair can help trap sweat and other moisture.
- Sensuality – Women have reported that they feel more sensual or “freaky” once all the hair is removed and they just like the feeling of feeling “bare” down there.
- Maintenance – The maintenance is pretty easy. When the hair grows back from a Brazilian wax, it is much thinner and it grows back at a much slower rate. The recommended time to wait between waxes is 4 to 6 weeks.
- Cost Effective – For a high quality Brazilian Wax in a clean establishment by a trained professional does not have to be expensive. I live in Atlanta and I only pay $35 for mines, however with my “student discount,” it comes out to $31.50. So check with the establishment first to see what discounts they offer.
- If it is your first time getting a Brazilian wax, check out a couple of facilities to make sure they are clean. They should NOT be dipping the same applicator stick on the same side back into the wax.
- Gently exfoliate the area prior to waxing
- Make sure the hair growth is at least ¼ inches long
- In case of allergic reaction or skin sensitivity, wax at least 4 days prior to any special event
- Relax! (It is not as bad as you think)
Caring for your Brazilian Wax:
- Lightly and very gently exfoliate the area again 3 days after in order to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Don’t wear tight clothing for at least 3 days.
- Keep away from public pools! Between the chlorine and the massive amount of people in one pool is bound for issues.
- Enjoy! (I mean you did go through all of this, so you might as well enjoy it)