My nightly routine for my acne-prone skin consists of five different products. One of the five products is used only 1 – 2 times a week.
Products listed in order of use:
- African Black Soap – made from harvested plants such as plantain, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves and shea tree bark. This is very cleansing and drying and will leave the skin “squeaky clean.”
- Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap – all-natural kojic acid formula that helps lighten dark spots that may be due to skin pigmentations. This product also leaves the skin very drying after use.
- Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub (used only 1 -2 times weekly) – This helps to get rid of my dead skin cells. This formula is all natural and uses a crystal blend of sea salt and volcanic sand. On the nights I use this product, I do not use the Kojie San Skin Lightening Soap.
- Witch Hazel – is an anti-inflammatory product made from the leaves and bark of the witch hazel shrub. This products helps reduce the size of my acne pimples and pores. I use this strictly as a toner, right before I apply my moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera – this plant is used mainly for healing purposes and for people with skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema. I use this as a moisturizer after the African black soap and kojic acid soap to bring the moisture back into my skin.